Thursday 25 November 2010

Little icons

I have been busy making the little works for the next Creative Freelance project. Discarded made beautiful.
You can see my proto types on the blog and find out more about the project at -

http://discardedmadebeautiful.blogspot.com/ "discarded made beautiful."
The exhibition will be in the spring at the Frame Workshop Gallery in Ipswich.
We had to use recycled stuff or junk and they were to be very small, and to sell for under £30







I have used the bits of wood from the back of canvases; -I never know what to do with them and have saved them for years in a box.."just in case". Old paint that I have scraped off of pallets over the past few months while I have been working, old bits of kitchen roll after I have wiped the knife and I printed the images of paintings on to discarded paper.(The programs left over from the frailty in thought project.)
I have had a lovely therapeutic time playing with gold paint and collage and cans of spray enamel...yum!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They are fab-u-lous! You know I love icon type things and I love everything about yours, including the way you've described the making. Reading it made me gasp!
How absolutely gorgeous!

X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...