Monday 29 July 2013

Been playing with clay,

the air drying kind. My friend told me some tricks, (make the armature with bubble wrap and use sticks in the legs.) I made one little figure from a life sketch, and some more from a day with the model. Here are the ones that survived my fiddling. Really enjoyed it. Gonna do more.

Orlando was home from uni and wanted a painting of him, to hang on his flat wall... starkers with a marijuana leaf and sun glasses, so we spent the afternoon in the studio, with a  roll of wall paper, acrylic paint and lots of coffee.

He has modelled for me before so he knew what he was letting himself in for. He is a good model, he keeps very still, and besides he got to keep the painting. Its now on its way to Maastrich as it was a little too big for Ryan Air cabin luggage.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...