Friday 6 November 2015

Exhibition of Paintings 'The Blue Years'

 I have always worked from the model as part of my practice. I use the tiny observations to build the drawing or painting; I look at the subtle changes of light bouncing off the skin, the delicacy of tone. I enjoy the rapid marks that capture the immediacy and dynamic form of gestural poses.

  For over four years I worked every week with one model, Blue. Sometimes we worked on the same pose for week after week which allowed me to work more deeply than just getting a likeness. In one series I explored the emotion, in another the composition, the humanity. Blue understands what I am trying to evoke in my painting, it has become a two- way exploration with paint and shape. This symbiosis continues in our life drawing classes with, we work as a team.

On Saturday evening, 21st November 6.00 -9.00pm I am having an exhibition of the paintings in my Studio, 'The Blue Years' to which you are very welcome.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...