Thursday 7 October 2010

Its hard going at the moment

Well finaly got up and after much divertions walk the dog, empty dishwasher, etc draged myself to the studio.
It gets like this from time to time. Painting is such a crass, empty,  self indulgent thing to do....you can interlectulize it all you like,- "you talk for people, create a spiritual language for them to identify with... etc, etc", Its still self indulgent. - but staying in bed is even more crass and self indulgent so up I get.
I have taken some photos of H n I  in the throes of passion.. they are quite nice really, I like the idea of oldish lovers...usually depicted lovers are young and lithe- and I have printed them out and bunged them on the wall to mull over.
as I sold nothing from the last exhibition I'm looking at some of those paintings again and re working them, you have to face the fact that although there is a recession and I cant expect to sell as many, - one a month to none is a big drop... The paintings were nice as  a group but individually perhaps some have no oomph!! so I'am going over them..
I'm off to visit an old friend of mine in the mountains of France next week, She has been poorly and I'm going to help her lift wood..Ha! that's my excuse anyway. I can't wait. Mountain air and her great company in her  beautiful interesting home, and lots of art chat too. See you when I get back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank goodness for all the crass, self-indulgent people who create great art! As you note yourself, there's much worse ways to self-indulge that create absolutely nothing!
Have a great trip and enjoy lifting wood - ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...